Friday, December 18, 2009

Senator Liebenezer

scrooge2

Howard Dean: At this festive time of year, Senator Liebenezer, it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the un- and under-insured.

Liebenezer: Are there no emergency rooms?

Howard Dean: There are emergency rooms.

Liebenezer: And the quack medicines - we still have those?

Howard Dean: We do. I wish I could say we didn't.

Liebenezer: Oh, from what you said at first I was afraid that something had happened to stop them in their useful course. I'm very glad to hear it.

Howard Dean: I don't think you quite understand us, sir. A few of us are endeavoring to get the poor access to health care.

Liebenezer: Why?

Howard Dean: Because it is at Christmastime that want is most keenly felt, and abundance rejoices. Now what can I put you down for?

Liebenezer: Huh! Nothing!

Howard Dean: You wish to be anonymous?

Liebenezer: I wish to be left alone. Since you ask me what I wish sir, that is my answer. I help to support the establishments I have named; those who are badly off must go there.

Howard Dean: Many can't go there. And some would rather die.

Liebenezer: If they'd rather die, then they had better do it and decrease the surplus population. Good night, gentlemen.


It's a terrible, ponderous chain you are making,
scrooge1
Senator

3 comments:

Gay Veteran said...

jebus, we need a revolution

Anonymous said...

LOL...

Classic.

Distributorcap said...

i think scrooge was a nicer person than liebernezer