Friday, August 15, 2008

About God Damn Time For Another


Tom Waits song.

Since the nice people at GNB have noticed a sense of bluesiness abroad in the land (and here I thought it was just me), and have [correctly] prescribed a Tom Waits-based cure, I say if you can cook this ten pound turkey to a fine turn with one Waits, why can't we cook the bastard twice as fast with twice the Waits.*

And so, Tom Waits Friday returns with "Come on up to the house".

...
Come down off the cross
We can use the wood
Come on up to the house

...


* (And, yes, this is why I have incinerated every turkey that has ever been entrusted to my keeping.)

4 comments:

jp said...

thanks Drifty..anybody ever use "What's He Building in There"? for McGramps inside the straight jacket xpress?

The Minstrel Boy said...

for more tom waits based stuff, check out my random name them ten tunes

everybody could guess tom waits, a couple even named the album. i figured i should end the misery with posting a link to "Jockey Full of Bourbon."

i loves me some tom. he's not cool, but goddamn he's great.

he's a "player's player" musicians adore him.

Anonymous said...

Come On Up To The House might well be the best white gospel ever done . . . and bluegrass can't touch it.

Hell of a song, Waits is the Hoss . ..

Simple answers to stupid questions unasked.

Harumph.

Mauigirl said...

Great song by Waits. I have almost every one of his albums.

Love JP's suggestion of "What's He Building in There?" for McCain!