Saturday, March 17, 2007

West Wing Story -- Act 1


For the fan of the gritty, urban musical. From the days when the weapons of choice were switchblades, zip guns and pomade.

Subpoenas Coming

Could be!
Who knows?
There's subpoenas due any day;
I will know right away,
Soon as it shows.
It may come cannonballing down through the sky,
Gleam in its eye,
Coming for Rove!

Who knows?
Justice’s long and scary reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Under a tree.
I got a feeling there's some karma due,
Gonna come true,
Coming for me!

Could it be? Me so sad.
Subpoenas coming, subpoenas bad,
This waiting I hate!
Subpoenas coming, I don’t know what it is,
But it is
Gonna be Fate!

With a click, with a shock,
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock,
Please pass me by!
Subpoenas coming, don't know when, but it's soon;
Maybe I’ll be immune,
If I’m in sweet Dubai!

Around the corner,
To send folks up the river,
Come on, don’t deliver
To me!
Will it be? I feel ill.
Maybe just by holding still,
I can be spared!

Come on, subpoenas, pass me over,
Don’t take Dubya, take old Rover
Pull up a chair!
Make him swear.
The air is humming,

And are subpoenas really, really coming?
Who knows?
Justice’s long and scary reach,
Down the block, on a beach,
Maybe tonight...



2 comments:

peg said...

he feels pithy
oh, so pithy,
drifty's got pith and wit and nerve;
there'll be no pity
if only waxman says, "karl, you're served!"

Anonymous said...

Subpoenamania!