Monday, April 15, 2019

Jennifer Rubin Sings Songs of Love



It comes down to this:  I won't to be lied to by the people who broke my country.

Any more.

At all.

Simple as that.

I realize that outside of my one vote in every election, I have no power over the people who broke my country.  No authority to sanction them in any meaningful way.

So speaking only for myself, let me say that when you lie, you do injury to the truth, and make it that much harder for me to ever trust you again.  And when you lie badly?  When you lie regarding genuinely important things about which I am well-schooled?  In that case,  in addition to doing injury to the truth, you also insult my intelligence.

So if you are a Republican Never Trumper – a member of that cadre of professional rat-fuckers and spin-doctors and public intellectuals and op-ed goofs and button men who have spent their entire life lying through their teeth, slandering people like me and building the Republican Monster Factory that wrecked my country and produced Donald Trump – you already start out with a million strikes against you, so my bottom line it very simple:  you'd fucking well better never lie to me about anything ever again.  

Height.  Weight.  Favorite color.  Favorite movie.  I don't care.

You see, because I am not a member of your Memento Party of Strategic Forgettery and reprogrammable meatbags that is incapable for forming new political memories after 1983, I intend to go right on remembering the past as it actually happened and not as you wish it to have been.  Which means that I will go right on refusing to accept the word of anyone who continues to pretends that Donald Trump is not a Republican or was somehow was not the predictable product of the Republican Monster Machine.

However, because I'm not a member of your party of Conservative Christopaths and Jerry Falwell Junior, I also genuinely believe in redemption and forgiveness.

But not in cheap grace.

And because I am not a member of your party of gun-nuts, bigots and baby-cagers, I tend to err on the side of mercy, so for your lifetime of sins against democracy, I'm willing to grant you a parole.

But from now on we Libtards are your parole officers, and your parole is conditional and depends entirely on your willingness to acknowledge the catastrophe your party has created, commit yourself to cleaning up the mess you made and on never, ever fucking lying to us again.

You see, I can be a good guy, or I can be one real mean sumbitch.

And so imagine how dispiriting  it was to flipped on Joy Ann Reid to find yet another Never Trumper choosing to once again insult my intelligence by lying to my face.


JENNIFER RUBIN:  I think the sad answer to that is no. I think that [Donald Trump] has morally and intellectually corrupted the entire movement, whether it's the Republican party or the larger conservative movement.
No Jennifer.  Donald Trump did not corrupt your "entire movement".   Donald Trump is the product of your movement, which was already entirely corrupt.
JENNIFER RUBIN:  You have publications that used to be prestige publications in the conservative stratosphere that do nothing, that encourage this sort of thing.
Really?

And just exactly...


which 


prestige 


Conservative 


publications 


might 


those


 be?

Brother Charlie Pierce does good service here, but for me the real story continues to be how deeply committed the Never Trumpers are their poisonous, ridiculous lies about the history of their Republican party and how exactly we got to where we are today.

From the long view of history, Donald Trump is just one more in a long line of Republican catastrophes that threaten us all.

This is your failure, Never Trumpers.

Just another Republican toxic waste dump that has overflowed into our back yard.

Just another Republican butcher's bill, that you're trying to skip out on.




Behold, a Tip Jar!


6 comments:

janet said...

Right now I must look like a bobble head. I'm just shaking my head up and down, saying yes.

tarantulanebul said...

How very fucking true, and so beautifully put, sir.

wibble said...

Ramen.

San Francisco Values said...

Parole revoked Rubin. Turn around and cuff up. You're going back into custody. As a parolee, you get no due process. You are a repeat offender, a habitual Republican, a third striker. Buh bye.

Retired Patriot said...

Ah Drifty! This is post if the written follow-up to that wonderful podcast rant! Bravo, sir! Bravo!

RP

Pagan in repose said...

Whenever the never trumperets are on the news shows I generally just hit the mute button when it is their turn to sputter and blather. And old Rubin elicits one of my faster response times from hand to mute button.

I also generally yell at the them through the TV about who is in control of the Senate and how at any time they could have stopped Trump any time they wanted to, but they don't seem very interested in doing their oversight responsibilities, job number one by the by ole' chap.

As for the rest of the "every thing was peaches and cream until that mean old Trump showed up..." bunch for lunch, may a thousand camels fly up their noses and fleas infest their ears.

One more nagging question; what the fuck is their point, endgame, result...adinfinitum...I mean it looks like a suicide run, species extinction level fuck it all "I got mine ma, screw the rest !" Is that it? Besides the "we're one subpoena away" from the dam breaking on this white blister rust genus Pustula, do they think having trump in charge of the autocracy (or what ever 'ocracy they have in mind)
is the way to go?