Friday, September 21, 2018

Professional Left Podcast #459


“You would better educate ten women into the practice of liberal principles than to organize a thousand on a platform of intolerance and bigotry.” 
-- Susan B. Anthony

Don't forget to visit our new website -- http://www.proleftpod.com -- for all of the sweet bells and whistles:  there are links to donate to our podcast work at that site, as well as links to our swingin' Zazzle merch store,  our respective blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Kittehs! and much more. Many thanks once again to @theologop for building it all for us!


Links:


The Professional Left is brought to you by our wholly imaginary "sponsors" 
and real listeners like you!




2 comments:

DonP said...

Your comment about the Senate -- if current trends hold, (in other words, climate change doesn't make the southwest unlivable due to lack of water), in 20 years, 70% of the country will live in only 15 states. Less than one third of the populace can control over two thirds of votes in the Senate. I honestly don't see how that is a tenable situation.

As for Hugh Hewitt, I had on one of the MSNBC nighttime block shows and they were talking Kavanaugh. They played a clip of a radio interview with some Republican goon, and it was Hewitt's show. Instead of actually identifying him, they just ID'ed him as "host". I'm like, "Wait, you don't know who that is???? He used to do weekend mornings for you, I bet he's still on the payroll!".

dinthebeast said...

My mom used to spin yarn from wool and knit things with it. When she first got her spinning wheel everyone began giving her sheep themed gifts. Poofy little sheep figurines, t-shirts and throw pillows with sheep on them. Even a tiny glass diorama with a flock of tiny glass sheep being guarded by a tiny glass sheepdog from a tiny glass big bad wolf.
One day she realized that the sheep paraphernalia was taking up more room than her spinning and knitting supplies and she was like "Enough with the sheep already. If you want to give me sheep, give me some wool that I can spin into yarn and make something out of!"
The blob of wool that the ensuing wave of gifts produced was large enough and of high enough quality that I received a fisherman's knit sweater out of it that I treasured for years. Riding a motorcycle at night on the freeway was a whole different level of comfort with that sweater on under my jacket, and lacking any formal attire, I wore that sweater with a pair of brown corduroy pants to see the ABT's production of "Romeo and Juliet" back when Baryshnikov was artistic director.
Anyway, thank you again for the podcast. While I was listening to it Buffy Wicks knocked on my door, which is impressive, but I'm still not voting for her.

-Doug in Oakland