Tuesday, March 12, 2013

If You're Not Part of the Absolution


You're part of the absoproblem.

Apparently Mr. Sullivan's new business model --
The Weekly Wrap
MAR 8 2013 @ 10:30PM

Friday on the Dish, Andrew accepted Bill Clinton’s DOMA stance without absolving him of past actions...
-- comes equipped with some new and mighty powers:
The Daily Wrap
MAR 11 2013 @ 10:30PM

Today on the Dish, Andrew contemplated sequestration’s effect on military spending, absolved Israeli forces in the death of a Gaza child, and criticized the worldwide governmental inaction on climate...

ab·so·lu·tion

  [ab-suh-loo-shuhn] 
noun
1.
act of absolving; a freeing from blame or guilt; release from consequences, obligations, or penalties.
2.
state of being absolved.
3.
Roman Catholic Theology .
a.
a remission of sin or of the punishment for sin, made by a priest in the sacrament of penance on the ground of authority received from Christ.
b.
the formula declaring such remission.

If someone had bothered to tell me that going ad-free and relying 100% on the largess of my readers had such terrific, semi-divine perks, I would have stopped taking those fat checks from Malaysia, George Soros and Tina Brown years ago.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful photo! "Women children, red indians, spacemen, and a sort of idealized version of the complete Renaissance Man first!" And no, I did not have to Google that!

Yastreblyansky said...

It's the damn Pope resigning--people think they can do whatever they want. I have half a mind to write an encyclical about it myself.

Pinkamena Panic said...

...wouldn't it just be "the abproblem"?

jim said...

All that quick & easy rube-cash seems to be going to the lad's head.

As a Holy Mackerel Profit myself, I have had a vision foretelling that more such unwitting high-larity is destined to ensue.

For the record: I consider myself part of the absoprecipitate.

Mooser said...

"I have half a mind to write an encyclical about it myself."

I stand in awe of somebody who can do that, and with half a mind, yet. All I ever did was sell them door-to-door, and I failed at that, too.