Friday, November 16, 2007

YearlyKos Netroots Nation Announces


Ladies Night.

Registration octuples.

So let us stipulate that I very much enjoyed the YKos event this summer, and further stipulate that I would have gone to BlogHer but for a snag in my schedule, and understand that it was most excellent as well.

That being said, because I have never pretended to be anything other than low and perverse, when I received this Exciting!Netroots!Update, fresh from the Liberal Orbital Command Center, Weapons Platform and Cat Blogging Ready-Room:

Netroots Nation Announces 2008 City! November 15, 2007

July 17-20, 2008: Netroots Nation is coming to Austin!

The face of progressive politics is changing. Regular people have taken it on as their civic duty to become activists, and citizen journalists, and even run for office. The trend toward more decentralized, people-powered politics and media is accelerating, and at Netroots Nation, we are doing our part to focus that trend on creating a more progressive America.

But to do that, we need to raise the bar even higher than we have before. We have to reach out to other blogospheres and communities, progressive organizations big and small, and, as always, more individuals who have found themselves disaffected by politics as usual.

That is also why we are thrilled to partner with BlogHer and feature a real-time virtual panel in conjunction with their San Francisco conference the same weekend.

BlogHer is a terrific community of--you guessed it--women bloggers.
...


I could not help but let my imagination Horace Greeley it's way westward and futureward.

Towards Austin, Texas in July, 2008 (insert sexy fade out here)

At one end of the gala event we see that the Q&A portion of the session entitled:

"Tits and Hits: A Consonant Blogger Ethics Panel Perspective on Linux, Traffic, Kittens and, oh, let's say 'Pedagogy' ".


is starting to get lively.


And at the other end of the venue?


Lefty political bloggers, these are w-o-m-e-n.

Women, these are Lefty political bloggers...


You kids have fun. Your mother and I will be upstairs if you need more chips or anything.


Footsteps.

Door closes.


Sooooo…do you ladies…like...Drupal?

8 comments:

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Drupal makes me totally hot. Ask Lambert at Corrente. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Geeze, even while we try and dump a deathbed conversion moderate Republican senator, we still can't get the Roots Force to gather out here in Ecotopia.

What's it going to take, shaving our wimminz and hiding our bud?

Malacandra said...

Drupal doesn't make me hot, but women who know what Drupal is? They do.

I like Drupal well enough, but, jeez-louise, I wish that more people contributing to open source projects gave even 1/10th the attention to usability that they do to features. Drupal has all the features I'd need to set up the kind of advocacy and campaign sites my clients need.

But training them to use Drupal for their own content management? I see the fear in their eyes when that Admin panel opens, and I know they're going to be calling me for every single simple text update from now until the end of time. And that's SO not what I want to be doing with my life.

Fran / Blue Gal said...

Malacandra you're making me hot.

Anonymous said...

Bbbbuuuut... but, but... does this mean we can't re-nosh? The Bobo entry is among your very best. "Evah," even.

xox, the Clarkie redhead :)

Hello from sleepy Pennsylvania Dutch Country, Malacandra!

http://parkchicago.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/entertainment/lounges/index.jsp

Memories, misty water colored memories... :)

Jill said...

I'll let you know if I can ever find a Drupal project to work on that doesn't have some psycho hose bitch demanding that I get her site up ASAP with this tool that I don't know well and put my paid job to the side. Yes, that really happened. I no longer consider PHB a friend and she is gone, thank goodness. I have another volunteer project that will be Drupal-based coming up and I'm doing one with Jamroom. Fortunately, these proprietors understand that my time is limited.

Myrtle June said...

"I wish that more people contributing to open source projects gave even 1/10th the attention to usability that they do to features."

Amen!!

Melina said...

Uh, Jill....just kidding, just kidding....

So, Drifty, are we to take it that you are then perhaps gonna join us at NN?...or were you choosing the wimmin's meetup?
I'm a wimmin, and I'll likely choose NN, just for Texas in the summertime and the nifty hotel and all that...

Hope you're gonna be there...I, for one, will be looking for you!