Thursday, March 23, 2006

Because everyone needs a smile today

I shamelessly nicked this from Susie Bright's Journal, because you know I'm all about the shameless.

It requires no gilding whatsoever, except a "Thank You" and a "Happy Birthday" to the sublime Ms. Bright (in whose global birthday card contest there is a still a vanishingly small chance that I might be in the running. So I've got that going for me.)

So Rock and Roll, kids, and have a glorious day!

Side Two, Abbey Road, Gobsmacked




And, in the end,
The love you take...







This is Chris Bliss. And here is a large version of the same thing, if you want to open your eyes even wider!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that video dozens of times, and I get misty-eyed from the sheer joy and beauty of it every fuckin' time!

Oh, and well-deserved kudos on the Koufax nomination....

Anonymous said...

awsome!
I hadn't heard that tune in awhile - that with the acrobatics it is just makin my day!
Thanks for putting that up.

Anonymous said...

...is equal to the love you make.
Thanks for making my days bearable because there is one who thinks a little bit like I do.
I truly would go insane with people like you.
bob

An Angry Old Broad said...

That was wicked cool.

Anonymous said...

I'd say that's the definition of mindfulness. That guy is truly in the moment. Fabulous. Thanks to you and the appropriately named Ms. Bright.

-- mac

Anonymous said...

What? No chainsaws? I demand frickin' chainsaws!

Seriously, pretty cool. I'd heard about that but hadn't seen it. Penn Jillette's co-host had his panties in a bunch saying that it wasn't impressive juggling because he only used three balls.

Dude, if you can do that with three...

And if you're a juggling snob that needs more balls, think of it as a dance piece.

Eli said...

There is also a five-ball version (kind of a rebuttal from the juggling community, really), and this truly insane routine from the 60s. It starts out fairly pedestrian (with a cheesy lounge version of the Hawaii Five-O theme), but the stuff he does with blocks and top hats is both impressive and eye-bending.

Anonymous said...

After a weekend of reading about Peak Oil, and Iraq, and having Dick Cheney give you a proctologist's view of his colon, and on, and on, and you think........ we humans really are a festering boil on the ass of the universe, truly without hope or redemption.

Then you see something like this.