Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Egg



If you haven't read it yet.

Wonderful story.

4 comments:

  1. To coin another sad truth no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the american people. Mencken I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All history is one immortal man who continually learns."
    -- Philip K. Dick, Tractates Cryptica Scriptura

    "If all are one, all violence is masochism."
    -- Brother Henry Hastur, Illuminatus!

    "'You are God participating in himself,' says NHGH."
    -- St. Janor Hypercleats, The Book of the SubGenius

    ReplyDelete
  3. Family
    I passed one who had slain thousands
    and thousands more thronged at his side
    and granted him a life of peace
    with pennants waving gaily over his lands

    and I passed one who had saved thousands
    and one more came and sat by his side and
    played to him on an ancient lyre
    and kissed his hand on leave-taking

    and the slayer and the savior
    were one man
    and the thousands slain and the thousands saved
    were one man
    and the throngs who attended the first
    and the one who sang for the last
    were one man
    and I alone saw him

    for I am he

    --Joe Henry”

    ReplyDelete
  4. As an interesting counterpoint to "The Egg", there's this:
    https://youtu.be/EKR-HydGohQ (Our Greatest Delusion), which I coincidentally discovered on the same day.

    ReplyDelete