Pages

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Happy 60th, Lieutenant Ripley


Ripley: "Did IQs just drop sharply while I was away?"

Yes they did, darlin'. Yes they did.

3 comments:

  1. Wow!

    Another entry in the driftglass "how succinct can I be" hall of fame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanbark10:42 AM

    Yeahhhhh...Ripley!

    You pick 'em good, Drift!

    Great line in the first sequel, from Ripley to Paul Reiser, the company shit who just tried to set she and the little survivor-girl, Newt, up for "impregnating"
    so he could sneak an Alien back to earth in them:

    "I don't know who's worse; us or them. You don't see them trying to fuck each other over for a profit." :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many great lines in Aliens, which--while quite different from the dark and arty first film--is a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

    Weaver was fabulous in both of them, but even her prodigious talent couldn't quite salvage the other sequels...

    ReplyDelete