Pages

▼

Thursday, October 01, 2026

Professional Left Podcast Episode 1027: Fair Weather Fiends


"I am the Senate."  --  Sheev Palpatine, Revenge of the Sith.




















4 comments:

  1. Let’s get Drumbo to 29% - we can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many good things that can be done with a D majority House of Reps. Even more with a D majority Senate t go along with it.
    The veto power is still a power to over come and the SCOTUS needs to begin with investigations of impropriety among some of them.
    Stopping the Shadow docket is a start. Ruling without telling us or at least putting in writing a bullshit excuse of their ruling like having a seance with the founders should no longer be allowed.

    Not that I miss them. But where in the hell is "Q"?

    Remember Q? The mysterious unknown person that lead a movement for the GOP.
    I mean did the Deep State take them out altogether? I am surprised the GOP has not re introduced them back in time for Midterms. I had thought Q might be back as they were coming with the caravans which shuld have been here by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I was really hoping that you had made the same mistake that I had made back in ~2008 when a meth-addicted friend of mine, who was as solid of a friend as there is, was just beginning his slow descent into right wing insanity and emailed me saying that I should definitely watch this Naomi Wolf video, and I responded by saying "Oh, yeah, the 'Shock Doctrine' girl (I'm old)", only to discover to my horror that she was not, in fact, the "Shock Doctrine" girl...
    A little reminiscent of the time I discovered Mark Halperin and was terrified that he might actually be an author I liked who had right-leaning and Zionist views, only to be so relieved to find the author's name to be Mark Helprin.
    I'm very glad that Democrats are prepared to launch policies with back-up policies on day one because best case scenario we get eighteen months of a favorable congress (fuck you Fettermanchin) and so much of that will be required for damage repair.
    Thank you again for the podcast.
    This morning I got a text from the "no on 40" campaign trying to get me to vote against the billionaire wealth tax. I wanted to tell them that I actually favored lining the 200 or so California billionaires up, shooting them, and charging their estates for the service, but will settle for a few percent tax on their wealth right now to prove it can be done and show other places that they can do it also, but ended up sending a response that read "Do not send me any more propaganda you filthy reptiles."
    Then I got a text from the "yes on 40" campaign that I got to reply to that yes, I will certainly be voting yes on 40 as soon as my ballots get here this week.

    -Doug in Sugar Pine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me! May II complain for a Gill Dern minute.
    Every time I see reporting news on assaults of rape as the one currently at Cornell. My memory gets triggered over MS. Ford testifying over Brett Kavanaugh at his confirmation. How DJT pardoned so many pedophiles of J6 and transferring Maxwell to a Paris Hilton accommodation. How the Ped In Chief blocks full release of Epstein files.
    With recent reporting on a Texas Devout
    Christian couple being charged with not only child abuse, sex abuse as well. The father is a teacher at a Christian college and the wife has a best seller Christian book. Best selling among Christians). I am sure Texas Gov. Abbott and Texas state AG Paxton (state legislature too) promised on the word of God that they would get intensive to protect females from al this after they passed their Abortion ban. Paxton and Abbott pardoning a rapist. What is that. Gov pf Nebraska did the same thing as governor. It must be different entirely as a rapist or a pedophile if you are republican or wealthy.

    I had this idea of writing a Book aimed at Christians titled, " Art of the Christian deal with Trump".
    But thought better because I did not want to end up a child sex offender and shedding tears of remorse like Jimmy Swaggert sniveling to the public for forgiveness for I had sinned. It des seem like they all end in that awkward situation.
    Thanks to the complaint Deptartment of the Pro Left. I feel much better getting that out except it did not changge any f those episodes.

    ReplyDelete