Friday, September 20, 2019

Professional Left Podcast #512


“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."  
--  Dante Alighieri, writer


Don't forget to visit our new website -- http://www.proleftpod.com -- for all of the sweet bells and whistles:  there are links to donate to our podcast work at that site, as well as links to our swingin' Zazzle merch store,  our respective blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Kittehs! and much more. Many thanks once again to @theologop for building it all for us!

I'm trying a new embed format provided by Radio Public.  Let me know what you think! Links:

The Professional Left is brought to you by our wholly imaginary "sponsors" and real listeners like you!





2 comments:

dinthebeast said...

Yeah, there's a certain kind of freedom that comes from being poor, and if that's the path you find yourself on, you do learn to make the most of it.
I would imagine it to feel different if you didn't choose it yourself like I did, and I have seen a lot of living evidence supporting that idea.
The flip side of that is all of the various skills and criteria you are required to master and overcome to just be. They don't make it easy (or cheap) to be poor, and the consequences of failing tend to be close to home (if you have one), as it were.
This week was nuts, politically, and it's gonna get worse before it gets better, but we knew it would be like this. I keep telling myself that I've lived through harder times and harsher circumstances than this, and then I make myself remember that it's not all about me, and that there are a lot of good people out there who haven't developed the skills at living through unnecessary bullshit that I have.
And that there are still babies in cages.
And so we have to do this right.
To a certain extent they are using our better natures against us, believing that being outraged will throw us off of our games and cause us to make the mistakes they can beat us with, and we must (there's that word again) prove them wrong about that.
I still believe we can, for whatever that's worth.
Thank you again for the podcast, and being 58 years old, I'm profoundly sorry for the world I'm leaving to these amazing young people who feel they have no other choice than to fix it.

-Doug in Oakland

portlandmaxtrains said...

I just saw the cover of this book, I knew it would make your head explode: https://i.imgur.com/wkc6WFO.png