Wednesday, August 19, 2015

That #MrRobot Song You Were Wondering About, Ctd

\

Where Is My Mind -- Pixies

It was piano-only, one-slow-key-at-a-time, just kind of floating in the background, and for me it's really kind of thrilling when an artist pays that kind attention to the details of matching mood and plot:
With your feet on the air
And your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah
Your head'll collapse
If there's nothing in it
And then you'll ask yourself
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Where is my mind?
Way out in the water
See it swimmin'...
Also dropping in the Marcellus Wallace line from Pulp Fiction -- "Nah man. I'm pretty fuckin' far from okay" -- was perfect.

And any more than that would spoil it for you.

5 comments:

Hallbowski23 said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMfNB3fakB8

AaroninTW said...

Strange they chose the final song from Fight Club. Really has an homage feeling at times.

drewmdodge said...

*spoilers*

I'd say the choice of the same song is perfect, considering that each time the song underscored the protagonist dealing with the "death" of his imaginary friend.

drewmdodge said...

*spoilers*

I'd say the choice of song was perfect, given that in both scenes that featured the song, you have a protagonist dealing with the "death" of his imaginary friend.

Ufotofu9 said...

SPOILER!

It was a homage to Fight Club OR because Elliot would have seen Fight Club, it was coalescing in his mind when he found out that he's been Mr. Robot/Tyler Durden the whole time.