Friday, April 03, 2015

10 Years After: 2008 -- Every Picture Tells a Story, Don't It?



The 10th blogiversary fundraiser continues with the Hope and Change year of 2008.

When my word-brain started getting punchy, in 2008 I found that I could give it a little break by playing with graphics, visuals and cartoons.

I touched up Kipling's "The Old Men" with pics, did a "A Sunday Morning Comin’ Down Special:  Hey, Hey We're the Manques  Edition", had words (and pictures) with the New Yorker Magazine over that cover, advised Arianna Huffington to stop going cheap on the Photoshops,

I also cruelly and tastelessly abused the beloved children's cartoon, "Peanuts".  Because I am low and perverse.





Once upon a time


the job of beloved national cartoon was a pretty sweet gig.




Fighter jock

from a long-ago war, sketched in bright, simple colors.


Making my own

hours...



...mouthing off

whenever I wanted...


...ordering staff around and pretending it counted as

Commander Guy experience...


...dining out on a creaky “Badass” rep for

thirty years...


...and hugging up whoever

I damned well pleased...







2 comments:

Unknown said...

John McCain was no Snoopy.

At least Snoopy didn't crash any real fighter jets.

Chan Kobun said...

I protest - Snoopy is a lovable icon. Grandpa Walnuts is just sad.