“...It is for us, my countrymen, to show by our bearing under reverses how wretched has been the self-deception of those who have believed us less able to endure misfortune with fortitude than to encounter danger with courage. We have now entered upon a new phase of a struggle the memory of which is to endure for all ages and to shed an increasing luster upon our country.
...If by stress of numbers we should ever be compelled to a temporary withdrawal from her limits, or those of any other border State, again and again will we return, until the baffled and exhausted enemy shall abandon in despair his endless and impossible task of making slaves of a people resolved to be free.”
-- Jefferson Davis, April 4, 1865,as his Confederacy was being
pounded out of existence.
- Charlie Pierce on Ben Bradlee
- Pew study on politics and trusting the media.
- Cokie’s Law - Republican lies must be “debated” as valid arguments.
- Science Fiction University: Mayberry in Star Trek.
- CORRECTION: It was not cartoon Gigantor who was "10 times as big as a man". It was cartoon King Kong.
Da' money goes here: