Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Invisible Sky God Battles


Invisible Hand of The Market.

Sky God loses.

From Yahoo News:

Fla. man says Home Depot fired him over God button

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – A former cashier for The Home Depot who has been wearing a "One nation under God" button on his work apron for more than a year has been fired, he says because of the religious reference. The company claims that expressing such personal beliefs is simply not allowed.

"I've worn it for well over a year and I support my country and God," Trevor Keezor said Tuesday. "I was just doing what I think every American should do, just love my country."

The American flag button Keezer wore in the Florida store since March 2008 says "One nation under God, indivisible."
...

Keezer's lawyer, Kara Skorupa, said she planned to sue the Atlanta-based company.
...

I will never understand why Conservatives can't seem to respect the private property rights of employers? And why so litigious? Always looking to some activist judge to undo the righteous judgments of capitalism?

Now having said that, please understand that I'm not unsympathetic to Mr. Keezor's plight.

Quote the opposite.

I, too, have suffered at the hands of the religiously, patriotically, and sartorially intolerant.

In fact, to this day I still maintain that my "Priapus Rampant Upon a Confederate Flag" Liberty codpiece/"flair"

was perfectly in keeping with both my deep religious faith and the stirring, patriotic themes of "rockets", "bombs bursting", "towering steep", "the gleam of the morning's first beam" and "gallantly streaming" found in our very own National Anthem.

But did that keep the godless fascists at the American Girl Cafe from firing me?

Nooooo.

So fight the power, Mr. Keezor.

Fight. The. Power.

3 comments:

Stephen A said...

"Priapus Rampant Upon a Confederate Flag"

Damn that's a real bad case of "The South shall rise again!"

darkblack said...

Jesus doesn't want him to sell Sunbeams.

;>)

StringonaStick said...

Even funnier considering what rethug-supportin' & contributin' tools the owners of Home Despot are.