Thursday, September 13, 2007

Leonard Cohen -- The Future.



When they said repent, repent
I wonder what they meant.

People wonder what happened after Jesus head-faked his way out of the crucifixion.

Don't tell anyone, but I have it on very good authority that he walked across 12 oceans and 20 continents to a distant land where got old and kinda fat and would get whiskey-drunk on Wednesdays with Dylan Thomas and Leonard Cohen.

Then Thursday morning they’d all sit around in their pj's at a Turkish place where Jesus knew the owner, drinking the blackest, sweetest coffee in the Universe and trying to outdo each other writing poems.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things are gonna slide...

...slide in all directions..

Anonymous said...

"Looks like freedom
But it feels like death
It's closing time."
Closing time L Cohen
Notice how he never gets in front of his "back" singers
He doesn't need to

Ivory Bill Woodpecker said...

This is a 1992 song; it sounds like "The Future" is now.

"But I'm stubborn as those garbage bags that time cannot decay/I'm junk but I'm still holdin' up this little wild bouquet/Democracy is comin' to the U. S. A."

[And not a moment too soon]

Anonymous said...

Chilling.

The Minstrel Boy said...

give me stalin and st. paul
give me christ or give me
hiroshima


word.

Hubris Sonic said...

why did i know your crazy ass like Leonard Cohen?

Hubris Sonic said...

liked... liked... stupid type-alating

Anonymous said...

Jesus? Leonard Cohen? I wonder who the musician Les Visible is channeling?