Saturday, July 21, 2007

The proper coda to this video...



...would have been,

"I now realize that I have been the willing tool of evil men, have debased my profession, and have been Peter Principled so far into space that my brain died from hypoxia and exploded out of my mushy skull from the vacuum.

"I will of course resign my extremely lucrative position as the lead Wingnut Water Carrier at the NYT, quit wasting the nation's time and airwaves blatting my uniformly uninformed and utterly ridiculous judgments about virtually everything into the cameras at NPR and the major networks, and go back to writing bad books about the scandalous goings on of Beige Dockerton, Whitey O’Christian, T’okeen Swarthyguy and the rest of the denizens of the fictional gated community of Mayonnaise Place.

"I would also like to add, on a personal note, that I am so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so, so, so so fucking sorry for all the damage my neocon twaddle and spectacularly wrong opinions has done to this great nation."


But I wouldn't hold my breath.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this on behalf of Brooks.......... or Shields, or Lehrer? Frankly, they're all tools and should be treated as such (i.e., not watched).

Anonymous said...

I hate Brooks with the White Hot intensity of a thousand suns. So, we have to stay now cuz he's confused and aflutter?

Also, where's the damned mail man with my damned Potter book? Dammit!

Anonymous said...

Is he trying to set himself up for forgiveness later in a new political environment? Why would anyone get up in front of a national audience and say "I have no idea what I'm talking about"?

Anonymous said...

Look around and you will see
This world is full of creeps like me
You look surpised
You shouldn't be
This world is full of creeps like me

Lyle Lovett

Anonymous said...

Cleter, you must be very lucky, or very early in the route for you to think the letter carrier is late & it's ONLY 9:58 A(F...ing)M !!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah, driftglass is channeling Dr. Cox from "Scrubs," I see.

I can't watch this segment anymore. My husband likes to catch it on Fridays, but I tend to go nuts whenever Brooks talks. I yell obscenities at the teevee, throw feces and leftover bits o' dinner, plead to the gods to strike Mr. David dead on the spot... It gets pretty ugly.

Why do people keep paying him to opine? He's been wrong about everything for so long. If I was that bad at my job, I'd lose it. I'd be fired.

Instead, Mr. David keeps getting more jobs, more money to be wrong.

It's the sort of thing that makes my skull crack just a leetle bit more...