Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Dubya KRP’s Big Guy tries to explain…


…his latest, failed Iraqi tactic: “Operation Fuck Reality, Everything's Fine.”

“As God as my witness, I though this turkey would fly!


Man, do I ever want to be a fly on the wall of the Annual Kennebunkport Turkey Jam and Jim-Beam-fueled Passive Aggressive Recrimination and Caber Toss.

I foresee a lot of slurred “You are not the boss of me, old man!” from one end of the table, and “Bar, would you tell Jim Baker to tell Mr.-Operation-I-Told-You-So-You-Drunken-Embarassment to pass the mashed potatoes?” from the other.

Sadly, I was not invited, and since this is a work-week on ‘roids for me, as I sprint through the castle between tasks, changing pants and tossing meat at the cat, let me just reprise this from my Avian Ritual Sacrifice Day post from 2005, now improved with YouTube for extra snarking goodness*...

To all you splendid moonbats out there, this is my early wish that each and every one of you have a Happy, Libidinous and Unabashedly Liberal Thanksgiving ;-)

Your pal,

d r i f t g l a s s

*


* And now, the Best. Thanksgiving. Promo. Evah.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Youtube rules. I saw that one a couple of months ago, and it was as funny as it was way back when.

Happy turkey Drift.

pwapvt

Anonymous said...

Everyone that I work with was so cranky today....they were in the holiday spirit! Tired, stressed, too much to do, houses full of company, and they were all pissed that they couldn't leave early. A joy to be with. I know that a slow down around the holidays is myth, so I have no expectations.

I have always remembered this WKRP skit. It caused quite an argument between a friend and me when I stated that while visiting relatives in a rural area we startled a flock of wild turkeys into flying across the road. She claimed that turkeys can't fly.....but they can.

Hope that everyone survives all that goddamn holiday cheer!

Anonymous said...

I should say that wild turkeys can fly.
I don't think those sickly, white, domestic things raised in chicken houses for our consumption can fly.

Anonymous said...

Yup, I've definitely flown on Wild Turkey.

Happy TG, DG.

Anonymous said...

YoU tooey!

And save some giblets for that felion.

%-)

cieran said...

Wild turkeys can't fly worth a damn, but they can run, and fast... and they are a lot heavier than they look. They have momentum aplenty, even when not frozen in Cincinnati.

My bike ride to work goes right through some bottomland that is prime turkey habitat. So I have to be ready to brake to a sreeching halt (at the bottom of each hill, too, dammit!) in order to avoid serious daily bike/poultry collisions.

Thank the gawds for V-brakes...

I don't know about others, but among the things I'm thankful for this Turkey Day are the singularly brilliant missives from Castle Driftglass.

Keep up the great work, DG!

Anonymous said...

Happy T-Day DG. Oh, and give the cat an extra ruffle behind the ears for me.

Anonymous said...

For those dishing it out with the ubiquitous 'traditional' family Thanksgiving, & you know who you are - you gotta veritable Mason Dixon line running down the old dining table. No need to serve up old crow with sour grapes for those still smartin from that thumpin. Just give 'em a second helping of Turduckenycon.

Tha's a chickenhawk in a lame duck sauce shoved so far up some turkey's ass it ainnever gonna fly. (Da dummp, schhht - Don't worry, I won't be quittin my day job)

Happy ThankSteakin' Day all Ya'll!

Miss Cellania said...

Turkeys don’t fly, but they can take a train! Happy Thanksgiving, Driftglass!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for that! One of the funniest damn episodes of any sitcome ever.

Both our kids (ages 21 and 24) are home for TG from NY and Chicago and we sat down with them, put the volume up at full blast and ran the video. They were both laughing their bums off by about midway through the ep, even without any backstory.

--gravie

Anonymous said...

"The Defense Secretaries are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!"

Anonymous said...

I always thought that WKRP was a show that never got its due as one of the funniest sitcoms ever. From what I understand, it'll probably never be on DVD, either.