Saturday, September 16, 2006

God’s Fellas


Dubya at every press conference from now until November:
“You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?”


Later, Dubya narrates the tale of his fall from his cell in Leavenworth, Kansas:

Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything.

When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more.

We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges.

Everybody had their hands out.

Everything was for the taking.



For us to live any other way was nuts.

To us, those goody-good people who worked shitty jobs for bum paychecks and took the subway to work every day, and worried about their bills, were dead.

I mean they were suckers.

They had no balls.

If we wanted something we just took it. If anyone complained twice they got hit so bad, believe me, they never complained again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leavenworth? The Hague doesn't send people there? Does it?

Anonymous said...

Your quote from 'goodfellas', I believe it was the little guy talking there in a bar to a waiter,, after his spiel, he shoots the guy,,,, anyway,, these lines remind me of Ratso Rikko from ' Midnight Cowboy' If,,, if ratso was just a little bit more crazy mean,, less inner-tormented,, ya know what i mean?

Anonymous said...

"To me, being a gangster was better than being president of the United States."