Saturday, April 01, 2006

Camera Obfuscura


Howard Kaloogian, having gone though the pockets of his Big Boy cargo pants one more time, finally finds the above photo which -- with grudging apology -- is the pic to which he now contends he was referring when he laid down this now-famous quote:
"We took this photo of downtown Baghdad while we were in Iraq. Iraq (including Baghdad) is much more calm and stable than what many people believe it to be. But, each day the news media finds any violence occurring in the country and screams and shouts about it - in part because many journalists are opposed to the U.S. effort to fight terrorism."

Loogie is right; when seen from the proper perspective, Baghdad really is a peaceable kingdom.

Unfortunately that perspective is from space.

9 comments:

dcnative said...

I think I see crop circles. Blame it on the aliens. Legal or otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I thought the Oval Office Armchair and Fluffy Pillow Patrol was a nice place to view things from as well?

(often known as the Rummy's Kummfy Kushion Kommandos)

JG said...

Why is it that these right-wing Christians don't have a problem with lying? For them, it's as easy as breathing.

Anonymous said...

.
Far out, man!

Anonymous said...

Driftglass, May I call you Drift,, I liked what you wrote about drawing a curtain around your soul and quietly praying,,, I do similar things when I pray,, I see prayer as a very private affair,, between me and what I conceive as God. I may ask for strength or wisdom to stoke my soul for what lies ahead. I give thanks for the people in my life. I ask forgiveness for my pride.

Fundies tend to bray when they pray,,
their concerns are ususally (I'm guessing here) about themselves. Recently, one of the women I work with told me that she and her husband prayed together about whether they should buy an SUV or a car.

I do not see much of her anymore.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how Fallujah looks from space.

Anonymous said...

"A peaceful place, or so it looks from space
A closer looks reveals the human race..."

driftglass said...

jp,
amen.

beq,
GoogleEarth'll tell you. It tells all.

sightunseen,
Call me whatever you like.

RagingGurrl,
Lying for the greater glory of God is permitted.
Of course at the end of the day, God has long since blown town and all that's left are the lies.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, you seem to have a very well put together blog here!

Regards,
Disposable Camera